The Android OS on the tablet keeps a running tabulation of the percentage of battery charge used for the demands of each component. This information is useful in determining which applications or services are using the most battery charge. This will allow you to better customize energy use and extend battery charge life. Follow this procedure to view the battery usage statistics for the current battery session.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Settings icon.
- In the Applications screen, tap Battery.
- In the Battery screen, the percentage of battery usage for each application or service is shown on a list, with the application or service which use the most battery power at the top, and the ones using the least down at the bottom. Above the list is the length of time that the tablet has been running on battery power for the current battery session.
NOTE: The current battery session is the amount of time the unit has been running on battery power since it was last turned on or unplugged from AC power. The statistics displayed are gathered only while the unit is running on battery power. Once the AC adapter is re-connected, the tablet will cease to compile battery use statistics until it begins running on battery power again, and at that time the battery power current session time listed begins counting up from zero again. Shutting off the power also discards time and usage statistics for the current battery session.