IMPORTANT: Before beginning this procedure, make sure the tablet is connected to AC power and connected to a Wi-Fi network .
NOTE: A quick way to know if there is a system update available for the tablet is to look for the System Update icon in the notification area. If this icon is present, then there is a system update available for download.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Settings icon.
- In the Settings screen, tap to select About tablet.
- In the About tablet screen, tap to select System Update.
NOTE: If the system software is currently up to date then no update will be necessary. Tap OK to finish.
- If a system update is available, then in the A System update is available screen, tap to select Download.
IMPORTANT: At this point the system update will begin the download process and could take anywhere from several seconds to several minutes, depending on the size of the update. Do not disconnect the tablet from AC power or disconnect from the Wi-Fi network at any time during the download.
NOTE: If you receive a Failed to download the update message, then either the tablet lost power or lost connection to the Wi-Fi network. If this should occur, reconnect the tablet to AC power and re-establish the connection to the Wi-Fi network, and then begin this procedure from the beginning.
- Once the system update has completed the download process, in the Preparation for update completed screen, tap to select Restart to update.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Do not disconnect the tablet from AC power or turn off the tablet during this process. The tablet will restart itself automatically once the update installation process is complete.
- At the The system software is up to date prompt, tap OK to finish the update procedure.