It is possible to edit an existing Remote Control application profile and assign buttons to control functions on multiple device. For example, you may want to configure your existing TV Remote Control application profile to add buttons to allow you to control your home theater system without having to have two separate Remote Control application profiles. Follow this procedure to edit an existing profile to control another device.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Remote Control icon.
- In the Remote Control screen, tap to select the existing device profile you wish to edit.
NOTE: For our example here, we will select an existing TV profile and assume you are wanting to configure some of the functions of your home theater system on that same profile.
- In the Device Profile screen, in the upper-right corner of the screen, tap the Menu icon and then tap Edit Devices.
- In the Edit device screen, tap Edit remote buttons.
- In the Edit remote buttons screen, tap to select the button you would like to edit.
IMPORTANT: Ideally, you should select a button that has not previously been configured. If you do select a button that has already been configured, make sure it is a button for a function on the existing device that you rarely or seldom use.
- In the Learn remote commands screen, move the new device remote control to the position illustrated on the screen, and once in place, tap the Start button.
- Now press and hold the desired button on the home theater system remote control.
- These last three steps must be repeated for every button you wish to edit.
- If performed correctly, the edited button on the TV profile will now increase the selected function on the home theater system when used.