A CANNOT UPDATE DATABASE message appears either in the Notifications area or when a media scan is performed in the Video Player or Music Player applications.
There is an update available at the Play Store for the tablet media players that will resolve this issue.
Follow these steps to get the update.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Play Store icon.
- In the Play Store screen, tap the Search field, use the on-screen keyboard to type Sony Corporation media player, and then tap the Enter key.
- In the Search Results screen, tap Media players.
- In the Media players screen, tap the Update button.
- In the Accept & download prompt, tap the OK button to begin the download and installation procedure.