IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
If the sync process does not stop or the Reader™ for PC software appears frozen while doing a sync, do the following.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this problem, try to sync your Sony Reader after completing each step by opening the Reader for PC or by disconnecting and reconnecting the Reader from the computer.
- Before you begin troubleshooting, make sure you are using the most current version of the Reader for PC software. To check for a new version, from the menu, click Help and then click Check for Updates. If a software update is available, download and install it and then test the sync process for proper functionality.
- Unplug your Reader digital book from the computer.
- Check that all the books listed in My Library can be opened and read. If not, delete the unreadable book and then re-download. After you have completed the download, plug the Reader Digital book back in to sync.
- Close the Reader for PC software and with the Reader Digital Book connected to the computer, uninstall and then reinstall the USB drivers for the Reader Digital Book .
- Disconnect the Reader Digital Book from the computer and from the Advanced Settings menu on your Reader device, use the Format Internal Memory option to format the Reader Digital Book. Click the link for your model for the format procedure:
NOTE: If you have tried all the steps in this procedure, and you are still experiencing the same issue, you may choose to use the Reader Library software version 3.3 instead until a resolution is posted in this solution. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
Check this solution periodically for updated information to help resolve this issue.