If you cannot establish a Wi-Fi network connection on the tablet, or if the connection is intermittent or disconnects for unknown reasons, follow these troubleshooting steps.
- Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the Wi-Fi network connection status after completing each step.
- Because some of these steps require configuration settings changes to the router, please consult the router documentation or contact the router manufacturer for specific details where necessary.
NOTE: Wireless connection issues can sometimes be caused by the presence of multiple wireless signals in the same area, but because the networks using these signals may be hidden or not discoverable by the tablet, it can be hard to determine if such signals may be causing interference. We recommend that you visit the Google Play Store and download and install the Wi-Fi Analyzer app (or other similar Wireless detection and analysis tool). This is a 3rd party app, and while Sony cannot guarantee or support the application, we have found it useful in helping to determine the presence of other wireless signals that may be causing interference. If other wireless signals are detected and you think they may be causing connection issues, try moving to an area with less signal interference.
- Use the Wi-Fi checker application to determine where the connection may be failing.
- Turn the Wi-Fi feature off and then back on.
- Set the Wi-Fi disconnect policy to Always keep Wi-Fi connected.
- Perform a power cycle of the router.
- Turn off and then restart the tablet.
- Forget the current Wi-Fi network connection and then try re-connecting to the same network.
- If you have a computer that is connect to the same Wi-Fi network, verify the network security key .
- Set the router channel setting from AUTO to a manual channel selection.
- Set the router to G or N only, instead of a mixed setting.
- Disable the security setting requirements on the router and try to establish the connection again.
IMPORTANT: It is recommended that you do not use the router without having some network security in place. If, after performing this step, you are able to establish a good and stable connection, there may be a problem with the router or a conflict with the router security configuration. Contact the router manufacturer for additional support.
- Perform a Factory Data Reset procedure:
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, please contact the Customer Experience Center at (239) 768-7545 and ask to speak with a Senior Customer Service representative.