- VAIO Easy Connect is only available on Summer and Fall 2011 VAIO® computers running the Windows® 7 operating system. It is not available for, and it will not work with any other operating system.
- If you are unsure whether or not your computer is a Summer or Fall 2011 model, click the Start button and click All Programs. If VAIO Easy Connect is not in the All Programs list, the program was either not included with your computer, or it has been uninstalled.
- If you have upgraded to an operating system other than Windows 7, depending on how the upgrade was performed, the VAIO Easy Connect program may not be available.
The VAIO Easy Connect software is a Sony® wireless networking wizard designed to assist in establishing a wireless network connection to a home router, regardless of whether the wireless router is secured or unsecured. It can also be used to troubleshoot an existing wireless network connection.
NOTE: If the wireless router is set for wireless encryption (secure wireless), an Ethernet cable will be required to complete this procedure.
- Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click VAIO Easy Connect.
- In the VAIO Easy Connect window, click the Easy Internet Connection Setup button, then follow the onscreen instructions to establish a new wireless connection or to troubleshoot the existing connection.