NOTE: Windows Media Player 12 will not display shared files on DLNA devices.
IMPORTANT: Make sure to close Windows Media Player 12 before preceeding.
This will revert all settings for Windows Media Player 12 back to factory defaults:
- Configure the operating system to show all hidden files and folders .
- Go to C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player.
- Select all files and folders in the Media Player folder and back them up in a new folder somewhere on the computer.
- After back up is complete, select all files in the Media Player folder and delete it.
- Re-open up Windows Media Player 12 and re-setup (re-associate any folders, scan, allow for sharing).