IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This issue is known to occur when an HDMI® cable is used in your hookup and a setting has not been activated.
In order to output video and/or audio from the cable box to the TV without powering on the Audio/Video (A/V) receiver, follow these steps to turn on the HDMI Pass Through function on the A/V receiver:
- The Pass Through function does not work when the Control for HDMI function is OFF.
- In order for the Pass Through function to be available, make sure to select HDMI A or HDMI B using the HDMI OUTPUT button. If you select HDMI B or OFF, this function will not work.
- The steps for the HDMI Pass Through function may vary depending on the model. For model-specific information, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Using the supplied remote control, press the MENU button.
- When the menu appears, select Settings, then press .
NOTE: Use the UP or DOWN arrow buttons in the remote control to select the options on the following steps.
- Select HDMI, then press .
- Select Pass Through, then press .
- Select ON, then press .