This error may occur during initial set up of the Internet TV device if it can connect to the wireless network, but cannot download or install the current software update. Follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
- Reboot the Internet TV device .
- Make sure the Internet service provides a fast enough connection speed by performing a speed test .
- An Internet connection speed of 2.5 Mbps or higher is required for standard-definition (SD) programming.
- An Internet connection speed of 10 Mbps or higher is required for high-definition (HD) programming.
- Dial-up Internet service is not supported.
- Proxy connections are not supported.
- Networks that require a log in for authentication such as a Virtual Private Network (VPN) or a PPoE are not supported.
- The Internet TV does not support 40-bit / 64-bit WEP and will not work properly with routers that only support this type of encryption. The first release of the Apple® Airport Base Station can only accept 40-bit WEP encryption. In this case, a wired connection is suggested.
- Make sure your router is located in an area that provides sufficient signal strength to the Internet TV device.
- Move the router or access point closer to the TV. While the router should be in range of the TV, it should not be closer than one meter (about 3 feet) from the TV.
- Turn off or disable any other device on the network. This includes gaming devices, computers, and Internet phones.
- Reset or reboot network devices. This includes the router and modem.
- If the issue is still not resolved, use an Ethernet cable to directly connect the Internet TV to the router.
- After the wired connection is established, proceed to run the software update.