Follow the steps below to use the Audio Return Channel (ARC) feature. Not all A/V Receivers or Home Theater systems are supplied with the ARC feature. To see if your product has the ARC feature, check the specifications. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Make sure that the A/V receiver or Home Theater system supports ARC functionality.
Note: Most devices that support ARC will have one or more HDMI inputs labeled (ARC).
- Make sure that the Internet TV and receiver are connected using an HDMI® cable.
- Connect the cable to the HDMI port that is labeled ARC.
- Turn on the Control for HDMI setting on the receiver or Home Theater system.
Note: The steps required to enable the Control for HDMI feature may vary on the model of the audio receiver or Home Theater system. Check the device operating instructions for model-specific.
- Follow these steps to enable the Control for HDMI setting on the Sony® Internet TV powered by Google®.
- On the keypad remote control, simultaneously press the Fn button and the 1 button to display the Settings menu.
- Select Video Input and press ENTER.
- Select HDMI settings and press ENTER.
- Select Control for HDMI and press ENTER.
- Select ON and press ENTER.