IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
After importing AVCHD, MP4 and XAVC S movies which are copied on external recording media such as an external hard disk drive, onto your computer, you can write the movies onto the camcorder using the PlayMemories Home™ software.
You cannot write movies saved on an external hard disk drive onto the camcorder by connecting the camcorder and the external hard disk drive directly with an USB cable.
IMPORTANT: The following should be prepared before performing the steps below.
- A computer with the latest PlayMemories Home software installed.
- The camcorder.
- The USB cable supplied with the camcorder
NOTE: Some Handycam® digital video cameras are equipped with the USB cable (built-in USB cable) on the grip belt portion.
- The recording media containing the movies.
- Connect the recording media to the computer using the USB cable.
- Import the images to the computer using the PlayMemories Home software.
- Connect the camcorder to the computer using the USB cable.
- Transfer the high-definition movies to the Handycam digital video camera using the PlayMemories Home software.
- Non-HD movies cannot be transferred from the recording media to the camcorder.
- You cannot write movies saved on an external hard disk drive onto the camcorder by connecting the camcorder and the external hard disk drive directly with a USB cable.
- You can play back images in the memory card on the camcorder by inserting the memory card in the camcorder. However, movies and photos recorded with other camcorders may not play back properly.