IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
- Your computer must be connected to the wireless LAN router/access point in advance.
- Make sure to write down the SSID, the Security method and the Security key of your wireless LAN router/access point.
- Refer to the operating instructions that came supplied with your router if additional assistance is needed.
- Verify your computer and wireless LAN router/access point are turned on.
- Connect the Network speaker and the wireless LAN router/access point using a LAN cable.
- Turn the power on the Network speaker.
- Click on My Network or Network and the model number of your Network speaker.
- The Sony Network Device Setting screen appears.
- If using the Windows® XP operating system, verify the UPnP service for browsing was installed in advance.
- Refer to the Network speaker manual for details on Setting Screen on the Browser based on your operating system. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If the browser does not open even if you double-click on the model number for your Network speaker or if you are unable to find the Network speaker on your computer screen, check the firewall setup for your security software.
- If you are still unable to locate your Network speaker on your computer screen, restart your computer.
- When the Language Setup screen appears, select your desired language.
- From the menu, select Network Settings.
- Enter the SSID of your access point, then select the security method.
- Refer back to bullet 2 under the IMPORTANT note above to obtain the information you wrote down for the SSID and Security Method.
- Enter in the Security key (WEP, WPA, etc.) if you selected anything other than No Security as a security method.
- Click Apply.
- When the Confirmation screen for the pop-up window appears, click OK.
- Disconnect the Network speaker and the wireless LAN router/access point following the on-screen instructions.
- The Network speaker will restart automatically.
- Once the connection is made, the LINK indicator lights up in green.