To connect to a wireless access point, do the following:
- Stand within range of the wireless access point to which you want to connect.
- Press the Home button.
- Open the Settings menu. To open the Settings menu, use the appropriate steps for your model:
- PRS-T1: Tap the right arrow (< ) to go to the second page of the Home menu and then under System, tap Settings.
- PRS-T2 or PRS-T3: Tap Applications, and then in the Applications menu, tap Settings.
- On the Settings menu, tap Wireless Network Settings.
- Make sure that there is a check mark in front of Wi-Fi® (Turn on Wi-Fi). It should look like this:
- Tap Wi-Fi Settings. The Reader Wi-Fi automatically detects available Wi-Fi signals in its proximity and lists them on the screen.
- Under Wi-Fi Networks, tap the network you want to connect to.
- If an encryption key is not required, your Reader device will connect to the network you selected.
- If an encryption key or password is required, you will be prompted to enter it.
- Enter the key and then tap OK.
NOTE: You may find it helpful to tap the Show Password box. Since some passwords are a mixture of upper and lower case letters and numbers this makes it easy for you to check to ensure that you have entered the password correctly.
- Your Reader Wi-Fi is now setup and connected. You should now see the following icon indicating you are connected:
NOTE: Once the Wi-Fi network is configured, your Reader™ Digital book will connect to it whenever it is in range. When the Reader device is connected to a Wi-Fi network, the Wi-Fi icon appears in the top-right of the Reader screen. The more bars you see on the icon, the stronger the connection.
IMPORTANT: If after following this procedure you are unable to establish a connection, a different procedure is available for troubleshooting Wi-Fi connections .