Many public libraries around the country have a digital library, be sure to check the library in your area for availability. To use this service, you must have a library card established with the library you intend to use as well as a access to a Wi-Fi® connection.
NOTE: Before proceeding, make sure you are connected to your network. If you have not setup your Reader™ Wi-Fi® with an Internet connection, click here for instructions on setting up your Reader Wi-Fi with a Wi-Fi connection.
- Press the Home button.
- In the lower-right corner of the screen, tap the right arrow (<</span>) to go to the second page of the Home screen.
- Under Network, tap Public Library.
- In the Find a Library page, locate the Library you would like to use. To locate a Library, enter the search criteria and then tap the search button.
- Once you have found the Library you would like to borrow the book from, tap it to go to the Library page.
- Locate a book you want to check out by either browsing or searching for it.
NOTE: Make sure that a copy of the book you want to check out is available.
- Tap on the book.
NOTE: Be sure to select the correct format for the Reader digital book, EPUB or PDF only.
- Tap the add to cart button.
- Repeat for any additional books you want to borrow. Once finished, tap the Proceed to Checkout button.
- Enter your Library card and pin into the fields and then tap Login.
NOTE: The pin number is assigned by the Library and is sometimes the last for digits of the phone number that the Library has on file.
- In the Check Out screen, tap Confirm check out.
- In the Download screen, tap Download.
- When Download Complete is displayed in the upper left corner of the screen, the book is now listed in the Recently Added section of your home page.