IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If you have forgotten the pattern or password of your Walkman® player, follow the steps based on the type of lock method used:
- Locked by pattern
NOTE: If you do not have a Google® account registered in the device, the only option will be to use the Android™ system recovery utility procedure shown below.
- Try to input the pattern 5 times. A dialog box should appear.
- Tap OK.
- Tap Forgot pattern? at the bottom of the screen.
- Input your Google account and password.
- Input a new pattern.
- Locked by password or pin
If you do not recall your password, the only way to access your Walkman will be to use the Android system recovery utility shown below.
WARNING: Data loss will occur. Your Walkman player will return to original state once this procedure is performed. Downloaded apps and user settings will need to be restored.
How to perform the Android system recovery procedure.
- Press and hold the Power button.
- In the Device options menu, tap Power off.
- In the Power off menu, tap OK.
- Once the Walkman has shut off, press and hold the Volume Up (+) button.
- Press and hold the Power button until the Android system recovery utility appears in the display.
- Release the buttons once this screen is displayed.
- Use the Volume Down (-) button to highlight the wipe data/factory reset option.
- Press the Power button to select the option.
- Use the Volume Down (-) button to highlight YES -- delete all user data option.
- Press the Power button to select the option. The wipe data/factory reset will execute.
- When reboot system appears and is highlighted, press the Power button.
- When Reboot system now is displayed, press the Power button.