When visiting a website, the Mobile version of that site is displayed by default. Follow these steps to request and use the full Desktop version of a website instead of the mobile version.
IMPORTANT: Before attempting to complete this procedure, make sure the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network .
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- In the Apps screen, tap the Browser icon.
- In the Browser screen, tap the address bar and use the on-screen keyboard to type the desired website address (in this example, Google.com), and then tap the Enter key.
- Once at the desired website, in the upper-right corner, tap the Menu icon and then tap Request desktop site.
IMPORTANT: Because the Request desktop site selection is not persistent, you will need to perform these steps every time you visit that website.