How do I wipe out, erase or clear all my personal settings, data, information, login passwords, emails and account information from the tablet?
Follow these steps to perform a factory data reset procedure and wipe or erase absolutely everything from the tablet, including all personal settings, information, login passwords, emails, account information, music, pictures and any other personal data present.
IMPORTANT: A factory data reset procedure will erase all user data from the internal storage, including all added Google and other email accounts, system and application settings, and all downloaded applications or books. If desired, you can backup all user data to a computer or to SD card media before beginning.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- In the Apps screen, tap the Settings icon.
- In the Settings screen, tap to select Backup & reset.
- In the Backup & reset screen, tap to select Factory data reset.
- In the Factory data reset screen, read the text on the page.
NOTE: To also remove all music, pictures and any other personal user data present on the tablet, tap to place a check in the box next to Erase USB storage.
- After reading the text, tap to select Reset tablet.
- In the Confirm reset screen, if you are sure you want to continue with the rest procedure, tap Erase everything.
- The tablet will restart as the reset procedure is completed.