DLNA® stands for Digital Living Network Alliance and is a technology that allows your Sony networked products to interact with each other. With the built-in DLNA feature on your tablet you can send, or throw music to a BRAVIA TV, Network Speakers or other DLNA enabled devices.
IMPORTANT: To use the DLNA feature of the tablet, all of the DLNA devices you wish to throw to must be turned on and be connected to the same DLNA network.
Follow these steps to throw music tracks from the tablet to another DLNA enabled device.
NOTE: We will use the Walkman application to demonstrate the Throw feature in this procedure, but the process will be very similar for any application that displays the Throw icon.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Walkman icon.
NOTE: The Walkman app will allow you to browse by tracks, albums, artists, playlists, music located on an SD card (if you have one inserted), and even media servers that are connected to your DLNA network.
- In the Walkman screen, in the upper-left corner tap My Music, tap Tracks, and then tap to open a music track.
- Once the music track opens, in the upper-right corner of the screen tap the Throw icon.
- In the Play on device prompt, tap to select the DLNA network device you want to throw the music track to via DLNA.
NOTE: The Play on device prompt will show all of the devices that are available on your DLNA network. If a device is not being shown but you think it should be, make sure that device is turned on and has been configured to be a part of your DLNA network.
- The Throw icon will change to blue as your DLNA connection to the selected device is established.
- Tap the Play to begin playing the track and a Loading icon will appear as the track is sent to and played on the selected device.
- All of the music playback control features available on the tablet (Play, Pause, Next Track, Previous Track, Shuffle, Repeat, etc.) will control the music playback in exactly the same manner on the connected DLNA device.
- As long as the Throw icon is blue, your DLNA connection to the selected device is still established, meaning that any track you play on the tablet will also be thrown and played on the connected DLNA device.
- To stop throwing content to the selected device, tap the DLNA icon again and in the Play on device prompt, tap My device. The selected content will now be displayed only on the tablet.