The available maximum zoom range depends on the image size setting selected for taking pictures. Additional zoom capability can be achieved by setting the Digital Zoom and Clear Image Zoom options to On.
The table below lists the available maximum zoom when shooting with the standard 3:2 aspect ratio.
|Image Size||Optical Zoom||Zoom without deterioration||Clear Image Zoom On||Maximum Zoom|
- Clear Image Zoom does not operate in Movie mode, or when Drive Mode is set to Continuous Shooting, Speed Priority, Self-timer (Cont), or Bracket: Cont.
- Zoom cannot be used when shooting with Sweep Panorama.
- Only Optical Zoom can be used when shooting with Smile Shutter.
- Only Optical Zoom can be used when the Drive Mode is set to Self-portrait.
- Only Optical Zoom can be used when Quality is set to RAW or RAW & JPEG.
- Face Detection only functions when using Optical Zoom.