Even though the tablet has an active Wi-Fi connection, the error No internet connection can appear when trying to open the Play Store app if the date or time are incorrectly set. Follow this procedure to reset the date or time to the correct settings.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Settings icon.
- In the Settings screen, tap to select Date & time.
- In the Date & time screen:
- Tap Set date to change the displayed date.
- Tap Set time to change the displayed time.
NOTE: Tap the arrows above and below the current date (M/D/Y) or time (H/M) to change the values. Once all desired changes have been made, tap Set.
- Tap Select time zone to change the displayed time.
- Tap to select Automatic date & time to have the displayed time and date automatically set and checked ever time the tablet is connected to the network.
- Tap to select Use 24-hour format to have the time displayed in the 24-hour (military time) format.
- Tap to select Select date format to change the format in which the date is displayed.