Follow these troubleshooting when there is no sound coming from the tablet speakers.
IMPORTANT: Before starting this procedure, make sure the AC adapter is connected to the tablet charge connector and is plugged into a working wall outlet.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the tablet speaker (audio) status after completing each step.
- Ensure there are no headphones plugged into the tablet.
NOTE: When headphones are plugged into the tablet, all audio is routed to them and no sound will be heard from the tablet speakers.
- Ensure there is nothing blocking the speaker holes on the tablet.
- Press the volume up + button until the volume is at full.
NOTE: Once you press the + button, the volume level indicator will appear. You can continue to press the volume up + button, or tap and drag the volume level slider to the full volume setting.
- If nothing happens or there is no on-screen display when the external volume up + button is pressed, follow this procedure to turn the volume up via the tablet Settings screen.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- In the Apps screen, tap the Settings icon.
- In the Settings screen, tap to select Sound.
- In the Sound screen, tap Volume.
The three different functions that can have the volume adjusted are:
- Music, video, games, & other media
- Perform a reset procedure.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.