If free codecs or codec packs are installed in your computer, the following symptoms may occur:
- AVCHD videos cannot be converted to MPEG2 or WMV videos.
- Videos cannot be edited.
- Videos cannot be played back.
- AVCHD discs cannot be played back.
- AVCHD or DVD-Video discs cannot be created.
- Thumbnails for some file formats are displayed as a broken icon.
- The operating system automatically shuts down.
- Videos cannot be imported.
- Video analysis fails.
- A Runtime error occurs when starting the PlayMemories Home software.
These symptoms can be corrected by uninstalling the free codecs or codec packs or possibly updating PlayMemories Home™ to the latest version.