Message: Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers. when trying to install Reader for Mac.
This error will occur while installing the Reader™ for Mac® software on Apple® Mac OS® X operating system version 10.8 Mountain Lion®. To solve this issue do the following:
- Click the Apple menu in the upper left corner.
- From the menu select System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window click to open Security & Privacy.
- On the General tab click on the lock icon in the lower left corner to unlock the general preference pane.
- Once enabled, select Anywhere from the radio buttons below Allow applications downloaded from.
- Install Reader for Mac
NOTE: Selecting Anywhere will allow any application to run on your computer. You may change the settings back to Mac App Store and identified developers after installation.