IMPORTANT: Before attempting to complete this procedure, make sure that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network .
The Translate app provides the following features:
- Translate text between 50+ languages.
- Allows you to speak to enter text and listen to your translations spoken aloud.
- Access the history of your translations offline.
- View dictionary results for words.
- Send a translated word or phrase to another application.
Follow these steps to use the Translate app:
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Translate icon.
- In the Google Translate screen, tap Accept to agree to the terms of service.
- Tap the down arrow next to the first Language field to select the default language, or the language you want to translate from.
- Tap the down arrow next to the second Language field to select the language you want to translate the word or phrase into.
- Tap in the Input text in: field, and then use the on-screen keyboard to enter the word or phrase you wish to translate.
NOTE: You can also tap the Microphone icon and use the Google Voice feature to speak the word or phrase you wish to translate.
- Once the word or phrase has been translated, if you wish to send that translated word or phrase to another application, in the upper-right corner of the screen, tap the Arrow key.
- At the Send the translation by screen, tap to select the application you wish to send the translated word or phrase.
NOTE: The applications listed as available to send the translation to will vary depending on what Apps you have installed or removed from the tablet.