The Phase Detection AF system in the camera cannot be used in the following conditions:
- If the subject is outside the Phase Detection AF area,
- when a lens that is not compatible with Phase Detection AF is attached,
- when operating the camera in a dark environment,
- when the Aperture Value is set higher than F6.3,
- when recording movies or,
- when using a lens mount adapter.
NOTE: The LA-EA2 and LA-EA4 lens mount adapters have built-in Phase Detection AF. Even though the Phase Detection AF in the camera cannot be used, you can use the Phase Detection AF built into either of these two lens mount adapters instead.
In the above cases, use Contrast Detection AF instead.