IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Perform the following steps if the sound from the speaker system skips, noisy, or distorted:
- Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the speaker system sound status after completing each step.
- If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Decrease the volume level of the playback device.
- Turn off the Bass Boost or any similar equalizer function, on the playback device.
NOTE: When connected to a Walkman® player, turn off the Dynamic Normalizer, Equalizer, VTP (Virtualphones Technology), DSEE, etc.
- When using computer or a mobile device as the playback device, other applications may be placing heavy loads. Close unnecessary applications.
- Place the speaker system away from any wireless LAN, TV, or microwave oven.
- Move the playback device closer to the speaker system or away from any sources of noise.
- For the model SRS-BTD70, if the POWER lamp of the speaker is flashing have the batteries replaced. It might be that the power is running low.
- Connect the speaker to a different wall outlet.
- The use of an optional AC power extension cord with a noise filter is recommended.
- If the playback device has a built-in radio or tuner, move it away from the speaker system.
- Keep the speaker away from metal objects.