Follow these steps to move files into a new folder using the file transfer application.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the File transfer icon.
- In the File transfer screen, under Internal storage, tap the Toolbox icon.
- In the Import destination settings screen, tap to select Ask for destination folder, tap to place a check next to Import to a new folder, and then tap Select folder.
- In the Select folder screen, the upper-left corner of the screen, tap the Up Arrow until it is grayed out, and then tap Add folder.
IMPORTANT: If you do not tap the Up Arrow until it is grayed out, the new folder will be created inside whatever folder is already selected on the tablet.
- In the Add folder screen, use the on-screen keyboard to enter the desired name for the new folder, and then tap OK.
- In the [New Folder Name] screen, tap OK.
- In the Import destination settings screen, tap OK.
- In the File transfer screen, under the SD card, scroll to and tap to select the content do you want to transfer.
- To transfer the entire folder, tap to place a green check next to the folder name. In this example we will choose the Pictures folder.
- To transfer files from within a folder, double-tap to open the desired folder, and then tap place a green check next to the files you want to transfer.
- Once you have selected all the content you want to transfer, tap the transferred icon.
- In the File transfer screen, tap the Blue arrow to begin the transfer process.
- When the Import Completed message is displayed, the transfer process is finished.