Follow the steps below to troubleshoot an external flash that will not fire.
- Make sure the external flash is turned on.
- Make sure the batteries for the flash are fully charged or replace them with new ones (if applicable).
- Make sure the flash is securely mounted to the hot shoe of the camera.
- Make sure the flash mode of the camera is turned on.
- After the flash fires, it takes a few seconds for the flash to recharge before it can be used again.
- If using a third party flash with a Manual mode setting, set it to Manual mode to make it work with the camera.
- When using Manual flash mode, there may be a need to adjust the flash level based from the exposure settings being used with the camera.