Follow these steps to enable the 3G mobile network communications feature.
IMPORTANT: A SIM card must be inserted before attempting to use the mobile communications function.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Settings icon.
- In the Settings screen, tap Data Usage.
- In the Data Usage screen, tap the Mobile data to turn On the feature.
- Once the Mobile data setting is turned On, under Data usage, tap to select More.
- In the Wireless & networks screen, tap Mobile networks.
- At the Mobile network settings prompt, tap to place a check in the box next to Data enabled.
- If the built-in mobile communications antenna is covered (with your hands or other objects) while connected to the Internet using the mobile communications feature, the connection quality may deteriorate.
- If you are outside a mobile communications area, you will not be able to connect to the Internet using the mobile communications feature. You will need to move to an area with mobile communications reception.
- The battery consumption will be greater when you are outside a mobile communications area with the mobile feature activated than when you are inside a mobile communications area.