Cinematic Photo creates a unique, highly expressive hybrid video-still photo in which only a portion of the image is moving. The effect draws the eye to the moving portion of the image, making it stand out from the rest of the composition.
IMPORTANT: The Cinematic Photo app is only supported for installation on select Sony® camera models. There is a small purchase fee to download and install the app. Visit the http://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com website for information about supported cameras and purchase price.
- This app cannot be used with a remote control.
- Movies created using the app do not appear in the ordinary play list of the camera. To locate and play back these movies on the camera, use the Cinematic Photo app.
Follow the steps below to record a scene with the Cinematic Photo app.
- In the Application camera menu, select the Cinematic Photo app.
- Press and hold the shutter button to perform continuous shooting.
- Only the composite image is recorded. All images shot during the continuous shooting are not recorded.
- If the power is turned off or some other error occurs during recording, the images before composition will remain.
- Release the shutter button to stop continuous shooting.
NOTE: After releasing the shutter button, the camera prepares the animation so you can select the area of the combined images you want to animate.
- Use the 5-way key (NEX-6) or touch screen (NEX-5R) to select the area you want to animate.
- A preview of the animation is displayed after you are finished selecting the desired area.
- You cannot undo and redo the selection of moving parts.
- The sides of the image selected as the moving part may not move because of the SteadyShot® technology of the camera.
- Select Save to save the animation.
- If using Memory Stick® media, the file is saved to the /MSSONY/CAM_APPS/APP_CNPH/ directory.
- If using an SD card, the file is saved to the /PRIVATE/SONY/APP_CNPH/ directory.
NOTE: When using Apple® iMovie® 11 on a Mac OS® X 10.8 operating system, the PRIVATE folder on an SD card is read as an AVCHD file and the movies cannot be played directly. Follow the steps below to play the movies in this situation.
- Right-click on the PRIVATE folder.
- Click to select Show Package Contents.
- Drag and drop the movie files to the iMovie software.