Visit the Video & TV SideView website to register a smartphone or tablet.
- Make sure that the Internet video device that you want to register is compatible with Video & TV SideView™ app.
- Make sure that the Internet video device and the mobile device are connected to the same network.
- Make sure the TV SideView app has been downloaded to the Android™ device from the Google Play™ store or the Apple® iOS device from the iTunes® web site.
- From the apps menu of the mobile device, open the Video & TV SideView app.
- Tap or select Devices ().
- Tap or select Add.
- From the list of unregistered devices that appears, select the Internet video device that you want to register.
- If the Internet video device that you want to register does not appear on the list, make sure that it is turned on and still connected to the same network as the mobile device.
- Additional troubleshooting information is available on the Video & TV SideView web site.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to register the Internet video device.
- The Video & TV SideView app will not work if you are using a device running Android™ OS 4.0.x or iOS® 7.0. The Video & TV SideView app will only be available on Android OS™ 4.1 and iOS® 8.0 or later.
- When using a device running an Android 4.0.x or iOS 7.0, the Video & TV SideView version 4.0 or any subsequent versions will not run.
- You can still continue running the TV SideView version 3.0 on Android OS 4.0.x or iOS 7.0. However, the Google Play Store or Apple App Store® will not provide any earlier versions of the TV SideView app.
- Do not uninstall the TV SideView app version 3.0 from your device. You will not be able to install the same version again if you uninstall the TV Side View version 3.0 from a device running Android OS 4.0.x or iOS 7.0.