IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Depending on the camera and the focal length setting (wide or tele), the Infinity Mark () is already displayed when the focus is set to a certain distance in the tele side. For this reason, it may be difficult to focus on a subject if its actual distance is farther than the focus point of the camera.
Follow the guidelines below to avoid recording out of focus images:
- Use the MANUAL dial or the touch panel to manually adjust the focus.
- The Infinity Mark () is displayed when the focus distance is set to more than one kilometer.
- Sometimes the position where the subject is in-focus shifts depending on the shooting conditions.
- Adjust the focus position and check whether the subject is in focus.
- The focus range narrows if the iris is open to a wide setting.
- You can increase the depth of field by using a stopped down aperture (IRIS).