How to transfer pictures from a computer running a Microsoft® Windows® operating system to the Memory Stick® media in the camera using the USB connection.
Follow this procedure to transfer the image on a computer running the Microsoft® Windows® 98, Me, 2000 Professional, XP operating system to the Memory Stick®media in the camera using the USB connection.
IMPORTANT: Images transferred to the camera that were edited in the computer, taken on a different camera or copied from another source may not display in the camera. This is normal operation.
NOTE: The Microsoft Windows 95 operating system does not support the USB connection.
- Turn off the camera.
- Insert the Memory Stick media into the camera or Memory Stick media adapter.
- Connect the camera or Memory Stick media adapter to the USB port on the computer.
IMPORTANT: Connection through a USB hub or other USB device, such as a printer or keyboard, is not supported and cannot be guaranteed. Connect the camera or media adapter directly to a USB port on the computer.
- Turn on the camera.
- On the computer, double-click the folder that contains the desired image file to transfer.
- Click to select the desired image.
- On the menu bar , click Edit .
- On the Edit menu, click Copy .
- On the desktop , double-click the My Computer icon.
- In the My Computer window, double-click the Removable Disk icon.
- In the Removable Disk window, double-click the DCIM folder.
- In the DCIM window, double-click the 100msdcf folder.
- In the 100msdcf window, on the menu bar , click Edit .
- On the Edit menu, click Paste .
- The file names must retain the original format.
- The images will need to be a size that is supported by the camera, for example 640x480.