- Turn on the camera to the still picture recording mode.
IMPORTANT: If the camera menu is displayed on the LCD screen of the camera , press the MENU button to remove it.
- On the control button , press the up arrow repeatedly until the desired flash option is selected.
- No Flash : A lightning bolt with a line through it is displayed on the LCD screen; the camera will not flash for any pictures.
- Automatic : There is no icon displayed on the camera LCD screen and the lighting conditions will determine when the camera will flash.
- Forced Flash : A lightning bolt icon is displayed on the LCD screen and the camera will flash for all pictures.
- Slow Synchro : A lightning bolt with SL next to it is displayed on the LCD screen and the flash will be used regardless of the amount of ambient light; the shutter speed will be slower under dark conditions.
NOTE: The flash option is disabled and will not function when taking MPEG movies, when using the twilight mode, or when the hot shoe feature is enabled.