WARNING: Ensure the computer is shut down and disconnected from power before following this procedure.
- Ensure the customer uses a wrist strap or otherwise discharges all static electricity before continuing.
- Ensure the computer is on a hard, flat surface when performing this procedure.
- Remove the computer's side panel.
- Locate the CMOS lithium battery near the bottom of the motherboard.
- Use a flat head screwdriver to gently remove the battery from the system.
- To replace the battery, gently press it into the battery casing on the motherboard.