- Disconnect the USB cable from the portable player.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
- Connect the USB cable to the portable player.
- Connect the USB cable directly to the USB port on the computer.
NOTE: Sony portable devices do not support connections through USB hubs.
- Verify that PC CONNECT is showing in the display of the portable player.
- Disconnect all other USB devices from the computer.
- Reinstall the drivers for the portable player.
Information regarding upgrading to the latest version of Sony's music management software is available at the Digital Music Player Support Web site. Please note system requirements prior to upgrading your current application.