Follow the steps below to troubleshoot these issues.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Set the television audio setting to STEREO.
- Disable any audio effects, such as SRS or Surround Sound.
- Check if the issue occurs on more than one channel or with other video products (DVD player, set-top box, or other product).
NOTE: If the issue only occurs on one channel or with one video product, then issue is most likely not being caused by the television. The issue may be with the broadcast station or the connected video product.
- Perform a power reset on the television.
- If a cable set-top box is connected that has its own volume control, try adjusting the cable box volume.
- If the problem persists and a set-top box or other video product is connected, perform a power reset on the set-top box or connected video product.
NOTE: If necessary, refer to the operating guide or contact the manufacture of the set-top box or video product for assistance with this step.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.