NOTE: Before starting this procedure download and install the latest version of the Access Point Setup Utility and Access Point Firmware Upgrade software from the Sony Support Web Site at http://esupport.sony.com.
- In the system tray, double-click the Wireless Palette icon.
- In the Wireless Palette window, click the Tool Box icon.
- In the Tool Box window, click the name of the desired Access Point from the Access Point List and then click Select.
- Remove the Encryption Key (WEP Key) and leave the field blank. The Access Point configuration can be modified without an Encryption Key (WEP Key) while in reset mode.
- Perform a Soft Reset on the Access Point by depressing the reset switch (small hole next to the ID tag) using an open paper clip or similar object. When the Power LED becomes orange, release the reset button. This will allow a 5-minute window to access the Access Point without a WEP Key. If the procedure is not completed within 5 minutes, the user can perform another Soft Reset to continue.
- Click the CONNECT button.
- When the Access Point is connected, you can perform an Access Point Firmware upgrade or enter the Access Point setup utility. After the Access Point has been configured, an Encryption Key (WEP Key) must be added to connect to the Access Point.
- In the Tool Box window, click the name of the Access Point to configure from the Access Point List and then click Select.
- Enter the Encryption Key (WEP Key) and then click the CONNECT button.