If the remote control was previously programmed using the Sony® AX Editor software on a computer, the Learn function on the remote control will be disabled. If this is the case, then the software must be used to program additional components. However, if you want to restore the Learn function on the remote control, the remote control can be reset to factory settings by following the procedure below.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Performing this operation will reset the remote control to the original factory settings. All programmed information will be lost.
- Connect the remote control to the computer.
- Open the Sony AX Editor program.
- On the menu bar, click Tools .
- In the Tools menu, click Update Firmware for Remote .
- In the AX Remote Editor window, click YES .
- When the download is complete, in the AX Remote Editor window, click OK .
- Disconnect the remote control from the computer.