- Turn on the computer.
- Make sure the camcorder is turned off.
- Connect the camcorder to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Plug the AC power adapter into an electrical wall outlet and then connect it to the camcorder.
- Turn on the camcorder.
- Open the LCD screen on the camcorder.
- When the USB SELECT screen appears on the LCD, touch HDD or COMPUTER.
- Open the My Computer or Computer window on the computer.
- In the My Computer or Computer window, double-click the icon that represents the camcorder.
NOTE: The camcorder will be listed as an additional hard drive or removable disk.
- Click to select appropriate camcorder folder that contains the video or picture files you want to transfer.
- The DCIM folder (if available) contains still picture files.
- The MP_ROOT folder (if available) contains standard-definition video files.
- The AVCHD folder (if available) contains high-definition video files.
NOTE: Depending on your camcorder and the type of footage recorded, not all the folders above may be displayed..
- On the computer keyboard, press CTRL+C to copy the camcorder folder and its contents.
- Browse to the location on the computer where you want to copy the picture or video files, such as the My Pictures or My Videos folder.
- Press CTRL+V to paste the camcorder folder and its contents into the computer folder you selected in the above step.
- Movie player software must support the MPEG-2 format to playback standard-definition recordings.
- Movie player software must support the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format to playback high-definition recordings.
- Refer to the manufacturer of your movie player software for information about file format compatibility.