Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
IMPORTANT: If the camcorder recorded the video using the NightShot® feature or a black & white or sepia picture effect, then the picture will appear monochrome when played back.
- Connect the camcorder to a different Audio/Video (A/V) or S-Video input on the television, if available.
- If another A/V or S-Video input is not available, connect the camcorder to a different television.
- Camcorders manufactured for the United States use the NTSC color system. The television being used should also be NTSC. If the television only uses the PAL or SECAM color system, then the picture will appear black and white.
- Tune the television to the appropriate video input.
- If the issue is not resolved, replace the A/V or S-Video cable.
- If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service will be required .