Follow this procedure to troubleshoot playback or recording issues.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the device status after completing each step.
- Verify that the HOLD function is not activated.
- Remove the battery or disconnect the power source for 30 seconds.
- If using AC power, verify that the adapter in securely connected and plugged into a working outlet.
- If the unit does not work after the thirty seconds, remove the power source for thirty minutes.
- Replace the battery.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Initializing the internal memory of the device will erase all data.
- Initialize the internal flash memory.
If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.