There are a couple of items to check that may be the cause of the low volume level when playing back a recording.
IMPORTANT: Some of the features mentioned in the steps below are not found on all IC recorder models. If model-specific information is needed to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the volume status after completing each step.
- Ensure the volume is turned up on the recorder.
- Ensure fresh batteries are installed.
- If the IC recorder has a VOICE UP switch, move it to the ON position during playback.
- When recording, make sure nothing is blocking the microphone area on the IC recorder.
- If the IC recorder has a microphone sensitivity (SENS) option, set it to High (H) when recording.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.