Follow the procedure below to troubleshoot if the recorded video appears pixelized when playing back.
- Remove the tape from the camcorder.
- Clean the camcorder video heads using a dry head cleaning cassette.
- After cleaning the heads, attempt to play the tape.
- If the issue is not resolved, attempt to play a different tape.
NOTE: If another tape plays correctly, then the first tape is faulty.
- If the issue is not resolved, remove the tape from the camcorder.
- Insert a brand new tape into the camcorder.
- Record video onto the new tape.
- After recording new video, rewind the tape.
- Attempt to playback the newly recorded video.
NOTE: If the newly recorded video plays back correctly, then the camcorder heads may be out of alignment and will require service.
- Reset the camcorder to factory specifications.
- Attempt to play the first tape again.
NOTE: If the issue is still unresolved after completing all of the troubleshooting steps, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.