Follow this procedure to perform a hard reset on the handheld.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. Performing a hard reset will remove all added programs, updates and records stored on the handheld. It is strongly recommended to backup data and information on the handheld, if possible, before performing a hard reset.
- Remove the stylus from the handheld.
- Press and hold down the Power button.
- While holding the Power button, on the right side of the handheld , use the stylus to press and release the Reset button.
- Continue to hold down the Power button until the Palm OS® logo screen appears.
- Release the Power button.
- At the Erase all data? screen, press the up arrow on the scroll button .
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the Setup screens.
WARNING: There is a risk of software corruption. Do not attempt to use any handheld functions until after the Setup screens have been completed.
- If the Erase all data? screen does not appear, the hard reset has not been successful and must be performed again.
- If the scroll button was used prior to the hard reset, the reset may not be performed.
- If the handheld is inoperable and will not reset, recharge or replace the handheld battery and try again.