IMPORTANT: To avoid possible damage to the screen surface, do not use a sharp-pointed object to calibrate the LCD screen.
The touch panel of your camera can be operated by the pressure on the panel. If it does not respond, press it a little stronger. If it still does not respond correctly or does not work at all, adjust the LCD screen calibration. Consult the instruction manual for specific information on performing this procedure. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
In addition, check the following if the LCD does not respond to calibration.
- The panel cannot detect multiple touches. When you operate a button, do not touch anywhere else on the panel.
- If the touch panel operation is disabled, turn it on by touching the ON button at the right side of the LCD screen for a few seconds.
- The touch panel is disabled if Housing is set to On.
- We recommend the use of Sony® LCD protective sheets. If you use a third-party protective sheet, the touch panel may not respond or may not work properly.
- If a small object gets between the touch panel and the protecting sheet, the touch panel may not work properly.
- If the touch panel does not respond to your finger, use the supplied paint pen.
- Do not touch the panel or put your hand over the panel while using the paint pen.
If the issue is still unresolved after calibrating the touch-panel LCD screen, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.