If there is no sound coming from the CD changer when connected to the car stereo, there could be an incorrect setting or there may be a loose connection. Follow these steps to try to resolve this issue.
- If unable to perform any of these troubleshooting steps, consult a professional qualified installer.
- If model-specific information is needed to complete any of these steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Verify the audio line out from the CD changer is connected securely to the auxiliary (AUX) input on the car stereo.
- Tune the car stereo to the appropriate AUX input to receive the signal from the CD changer.
- Increase the volume on the car stereo.
- Increase the audio output level of the CD changer.
- Reset the CD changer to the factory default setting.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.