IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
If you are using a computer running Microsoft® Windows® 2000, Windows® 98/98SE, Windows® Me, Windows® XP, or Windows® XP MCE operating systems, download the USB driver and install it on your computer before you start.
- Connect your camcorder to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Turn your camcorder on.
- In the camcorder menu, set the USB-PLY/EDT setting to STD-USB.
- In the My Computer window, double-click the Removable Disk icon that represents the Memory Stick media.
- If the computer can't recognize your camcorder's Memory Stick, connect the USB cable to another USB port.
- In the Removable Disk window, copy the listed folders to your preferred save location on your computer.