IMPORTANT: This procedure requires the camcorder to connect to the computer using a USB connection. Prior to following the steps below, download the current USB driver and install it on the computer.
- Connect the camcorder to the computer using the USB cable supplied with the camcorder.
- Turn on the camcorder.
- Set the camcorder to the appropriate mode for Memory Stick media playback.
- In camcorder menu, set the USB-PLY/EDT setting to the STD-USB mode.
- On the computer, open the My Computer window.
- In the My Computer window, double-click the Removable Disk icon that represents the camcorder.
- In the Removable Disk window, copy the listed folders to the computer desktop.
- A copy of the folders with all the image and movie content will be transferred to the computer.
- If a copy of the folders with all the image and movie content do not transfer to the computer, connect the USB cable to a different USB port on the computer.
- On the computer desktop, rename the folders.