Follow these steps if the LocationFree® TV On-screen Remote does not work.
- Make sure you have the IR Blaster connected properly to the IR BLASTER port on the Base Station.
- Press some of the buttons on the connected device itself to make sure that it is functioning independent of the On-screen Remote.
- Some devices cannot be operated, or can only be partially operated, by the On-screen Remote.
- While the on-screen remote function supports AV players from most major brands, it is possible that the connected AV player is not supported.
- Make sure the IR Blaster is installed so that it faces the infrared receiver correctly.
- Move the infrared receiver away from any bright light, such as a fluorescent light or direct sunlight.
- Because the On-screen Remote may not work properly when the connection between the Monitor and Base Station is poor, move closer to the Base Station and try again.
- Reprogram the On-screen Remote control settings.
NOTE: Some devices cannot be operated, or can only be partially operated, by the On-screen Remote.
- Make sure the remote control settings for Video 1 and Video 2 are configured correctly in the Remote Settings window.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required.
For all Sony products (EXCEPT VAIO computers): To send your product to a Sony facility to be repaired or to check the status of the a repair, visit our eService web site.
For VAIO Computer products: Please call 1-888-4SONYPC (476-6972) for service information for your product. To check the status of your VAIO product repair, have your phone number or Best Buy service number available and call 1-800-433-5778.